Thursday, July 7, 2011

A Brand New Day

Yes, I just went through yet another breakup. I'm convinced I fall in love with people who are not right for me. I have a lot to give but rarely get it back. But each turn of the tide is an opportunity to grow as a person and learn something about myself. So as my self-therapy here are somethings I am repeating to myself and am working on:

1. Telling people if something bothers me or makes me uncomfortable. No more taking unnecessary crap from people. You can not feel sorry for yourself and be angry at the things you endure if people do not know that you feel that way about it, right?

2. Saying "I love you." Just like not telling people of what upsets me in the moment, I also have a problem telling some people just how much I care about them.

3. Being grateful. Life is not perfect and it is easy to focus on the negative things that make us upset. We often miss all of the wonderful, beautiful, good things around us.

As I continue on this newfound life I will add to the list. For now, it's one day at a time. I am grateful for my support group of friends and family who care. It's hard not to air the pain inside so having patient people to listen to me really helps. You know who you are. I love you all.





Surrounding yourself with things that make you happy is a good way to start to feel better. Here are a few things that are new to me this week.
I haven't gotten a chance to use them yet but have a friend who knows how. I've always wanted my cards read. Hmmmmm...

My work buddy gave me her old single cup coffee maker. It's perfect. In a weird way it's a good reminder to take care of myself first and stop trying to give to everyone all of the time.

My new purple chest. This was $19 and I spray painted it purple. It fits perfectly in the space and is so functional. 

My new coffee table. This was $15. I debated whether it was ugly or cool for the longest time. Cool is the outcome.

The pretty new scarf/shawl. It's so feminine and beautiful I had to have it.

Last but certainly not least the lovely flowers my dear friend bought me last night after rescuing me from a crying fit. Kidnapping me in the middle of the night and driving around with the music blaring turns out it was just what I needed. That girl is smart.  

1 comment:

  1. "If someone listens, or stretches out a hand, or whispers a kind word of encouragement, or attempts to understand, extraordinary things begin to happen." - Loretta Girzartis

    Awesome-ness ACTIVATE!

    ReplyDelete