Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Moving On

How long does it take to get over someone? A week? A month? A year? I don't know but I do know that when you spent your a large amount of time trying to get into them, then over them, then into them again, then finally over them once more, the process becomes a lot easier. A large weight is lifted off of your shoulders when you make the decision that a certain person is not good for you and let them go. Completely. You're no longer doing what's best for the other person, you're doing what's best for you.

I think for the first time in my life I can say that I am. My foggy mind is clearing and I know what I want and am realizing that what I want may have been there all along and I was too bullheaded to see what was in front of me. Denying what's best for you and how to get what you want out of life is self-sabotage. Sometimes it takes stirring the pot and jumping in feet first without fear of consequence is not as destructive as it appears. Sometimes it's just the right thing to do.

I'm loving my 30's so far. I've learned so much about myself and am completely comfortable with who I am. I know that I can make mistakes and the people who care about me will forgive me and still be there. If they are true to you they will not turn away from you if they do not approve. Love is around every corner and it is shining itself upon me. Happiness is blooming and freedom is relaxing my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment